Monday, March 2, 2009

my thoughts on The Bachelor

ho.ly.cow. that was some INTENSE television. and i'm not going to lie, i really liked molly anyway. i feel bad for melissa because what happened definitely sucks for her, but daaaaang that was some good tv. seriously.
and people keep saying how much of a jerk jason is. but wouldn't it have been worse if he had married melissa and not been totally committed to her THEN? better to break it off now and let her move on. plus they always end up breaking up anyway. even if they fake being happy on the "after the final rose" show and on Ellen and in the tabloids for a few weeks.
this is the difficulty with the premise of The Bachelor. the bachelor develops feelings for two girls and then is asked to instantly drop one and drop his feelings for her immediately too? this is supposed to be reality tv...and that is NOT realistic. i imagine it is an impossibly difficult decision that people are BOUND to mess up sometimes.
so Jason, i'm not mad at you like everyone else who was watching. i really hope you are happy and i hope things work out with you and molly, but i'm not going to get my hopes up or anything.

6 comments:

Cami said...

I agree with you that it's better to break off an engagement than to have to get another divorce. I still liked Melissa more than Molly, but I agree that Jason needs to do what is right for him. The show put a lot of pressure on him to propose, and he wasn't ready for that yet.

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

I'm totally right there with you! And I actually feel really bad for Jason too. But that was some intense TV! Can't wait till tonight....

Tanner and Andrea said...

OK. I was screaming and jumping on the couch when he picked Melissa- my friend and I were so EXCITED.. and then all of a sudden... we crashed to the ground. I must have said 10 times.. I am never watching this stupid show EVER again- oh, but I will.

The Fox Family said...

i just think he didnt need to do all that on national television. that was terrible and immature. I lost a lot of respect for him. I think he is just fame hungry or something. I would have rather just heard in the news in a few weeks that they broke up and he got together will Molly...that's kinda expected. But to humilate Melissa like that...wow. And after we all just fell in love with her and loved watching them together at the end. it really ruined it. The un happy ending happened too fast. booo. ok that was a lot. sorry

Darlene said...

I've never watched the show, so you've gotta help me understand something - why on earth would these women "audition" to be this guys's gal? What's so special about him? Is he a bazillionaire or something?

C&C said...

ew. He makes me angry, contract or no contract, cause he fed the women the same lines show after show. as he was kicking a girl off he would always say something like "you're the most amazing woman i've ever known" blah blah blah. ugh. I want to say I won't watch next season, but I will.