Thursday, April 9, 2009

our sweet little baby is a whole week old!

Piper just gets more hilarious every day. i think it is mainly because she is becoming way more alert than she was the first few days. brett is loving it! he likes to be about a foot away from her face at all times. she doesn't seem to mind him. except maybe when he tries to take pictures of her. i'm not sure she's a HUGE fan of that yet. but she'll learn...since there's pretty much no chance we're just going to stop taking pictures! she's too cute!
so we made it through piper's first week and i think we're doing pretty darn good! we even went for a walk the other day. it was so gorgeous out and i definitely needed to get out of the house. i feel like i'm recovering really well.
piper eats like a champ and usually i'm glad. except when she just wants to keep eating for a billion hours at night. i like feeding her, but it does feel like nursing takes a huge portion of my day. and i feel like i have to plan everything around it. it hasn't been a big deal since i haven't actually DONE anything for a week, but still. i'm sure it will get easier to fit stuff in around it.
we took a GREAT (much-needed) nap this afternoon. piper's grandparents (my parents) are coming tonight, and i wanted to make sure we (i) would be awake enough.
We're really excited for my family to get here, but perhaps not as excited as my mom, who i think might explode if she had to wait another day to see piper!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

The cupcake boppy is almost as cute as what's sitting in it!

Joel & Megan said...

It feels like your nursing ALL the time the first few weeks I think :P but it gets easier :) I think The cupcake boppy is way cute too!

rach said...

i'm all about the cupcake boppy.

Tanner and Andrea said...

yah, for the first little while- i mainly stayed home b/c i felt like i couldnt leave b/c i had to feed and then lay him down for a nap.. and then feed again... EVERY 3 HOURS... after you start getting the hang of it- it becomes a lot easier! Dont give up on it though. I had to pump for the first 2 months... but it was so worth it. Hope you guys are doing well- I have a little something to send- I was going to send it with J&M but they didn't end up coming.. Piper is such a doll. I had a little sweetheart at school named Piper- such a cute name.. love it!

Becca said...

Good luck with the nursing thing - I want to say it gets easier... but here I am in week 3 and still I feel like all I do all day is nurse... maybe it has something to do with a two year old that takes up all the REST of the time in the day... :( I like to read while I nurse - that and watch TV shows - with Vince it was Gilmore Girls, with Joseline it's House. Eventually you'll learn how to do all sorts of things while nursing at the same time - and you'll get less afraid of nursing while you're out and about. Good luck - and Piper looks "awesome" (that's how my husband describes cute babies... yeah... so manly).

Darlene said...

Heheh, yup. I think my crowning achievement was cooking while nursing.