Friday, November 21, 2008

cupcakes

I let Brett take the car today, so i needed something to pass the afternoon...so i made cupcakes! I have this book called Hello, Cupcake! and it has THE cutest cupcakes in it and i've been really wanting to try some out. Today i tried these adorable sunflower cupcakes. i just used yellow cake mix from a box and chocolate and vanilla frosting from a can because i was mostly just interested in decorating them. plus the book says cake mix and canned frosting are generally better to work with anyway. I made 24 cupcakes, but i only decorated 6 and i froze the rest (i didn't want them to go bad over thanksgiving, and i figured we could manage to eat or share 6 cupcakes). I think they turned out pretty cute!

9 comments:

Cami said...

Nothin' like a frosted Oreo with a ladybug! Those look delicious.

Lindsay said...

Amanda, it's time we become blogging friends. I'm adding you to my list this moment.

Joy and Matt said...

Wow! I'm very impressed, those things look amazing... not only artistic but yummy!!!

The Fox Family said...

omgosh those are amazing. good job. i love the ladybug. too cute too eat!! well...probably not there is a honkan oreo on there! enjoy!

rach said...

those are so cute and they turned out so well! well done! ps: it was fun to run into you the other day at the gap! i miss hanging out with you!

Joel & Megan said...

very cute!

Katie said...

Indeed they did! How cute!

Shauna said...

so cute...i thought when i looked at it, before i read the post, that it was a pic from the book you got. wow, watch out martha! hope you're feeling well. keep us updated.

Trisha said...

okay amanda here;s the deal. you tell me your baby girls name and i will tell you a secret. its really only a secret from two people but im going to call you today and tell it to you.