Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cookie Craft: take 1

So for my recent birthday i got this great book Cookie Craft (with my borders gift card). I have since become obsessed with reading it and investing in my cookie supply inventory (which has been made possible due to other birthday funds, including a Michael's gift card.) The cookies in the book are so gorgeous that I was a little intimidated, but I decided it was time to try it for myself. One of my Michael's purchases was a set of 101 cookie cutters in various shapes and sizes, so i dug through them all yesterday and found a circle and a hat and decided to make Brett some baseball cookies. I baked the cookies last night and set up to decorate them today. making and coloring the icing (according the the recipe in the book, which calls for merengue powder...which can also be purchased at michael's) took awhile....anyway, a few hours later, i have some pretty cute cookies. definitely PLENTY of room for improvement, but I'd say they're pretty good for my first shot at decorating with royal icing.
so without further ado, here are some of my cookies, the ones dry enough to transfer to a plate.Brett and I are going to a wedding reception tonight, then we'll be back home to post a preggo picture since i'm 17 weeks today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!! i love to bake! i am way jealous of your new stuff.

Shauna said...

amanda...i had no idea you were such a domestic diva, and don't even try to pretend your not, cause only a DD would spend their borders gift card on a cookie makin' book:) seriously! they are WAY cute cookies though, good job. i'll check in tomorrow for the preggo pic. take care ya'll.